NEW APPROACHES TO NEW AUDIENCES: Seeing young audiences through young people’s eyes
Take Over Project Final Conference | 17 July 2017 | Avignon
The partners of the Take Over project are pleased to invite you to the NEW APPROACHES TO NEW AUDIENCES conference which will take place at the Avignon Festival within the Maison Professionnelle du Spectacle Vivant on 17th July from 2-6pm.
In our NEW APPROACHES TO NEW AUDIENCES conference we will be sharing the learning we have taken from the project along with the recommendations we have for those who might look to adopt this model in the future. We will also hear from the young people themselves who have been at the heart of the project.
Call for participation & Selection
At the NEW APPROACHES TO NEW AUDIENCES conference arts professionals from across Europe will have a chance to discuss approaches to audience development, hearing from the Take Over project partners about the experience of embedding and working with a youth board.
We are able to offer a limited number of travel grants to attend the half day conference on Monday 17th July at the Avignon Festival for those organisations who are keen to explore new ways to develop their audiences.
The general deadline has now closed but we are still looking for applications from organisations in Poland, Greece and Italy. If you are based in any of these countries please fill in the very short online application form found here by midnight on the 24th May.
Should your application be successful you will be contacted by one of the Take Over team and we will be able to support:
- Two night’s accommodation for Sunday 16th and Monday 17th July in Avignon.
- Travel stipend of 300 euros to cover part of your travel costs to the conference
- If your application for a travel grant is not successful we would still love you to join us for the conference and hope you will be able to do so! More details of the programme and registration instructions will be available in late May.
If you have any questions about the conference programme or the registration form please do not hesitate to contact: Susan.Winter@britishcouncil.org
What happens afterwards?
- If you receive a travel grant to attend the Take Over final conference you get to start making your travel plans! All accommodation is already organised for the nights of the 16th and 17th of July but if you want to stay on at the festival longer you will need to make your own arrangements.
- Post the conference we will ask that you write a short (max 1 page) blog post/report on your experience at the conference and any lessons learnt.